skip to main content

Student Registration

In order to register a child at Ridgeview, parents or guardians need to follow the guidelines below. Ridgeview registers students throughout the school year. Registration for the future school year typically begins on or around March 1. Kindergarteners need to be five years or older by September 1 of each year in order to start school in that year. If the child will turn 5 between September 2 and December 2, they may be registered for Transitional Kindergarten. Please note that certain grade levels may be full when you register a child, especially if you register mid-year. If this is the case, the child would be involuntarily transferred to another district elementary school until space became available at Ridgeview.

1. Use the School Locator  to see if you live within Ridgeview's attendance area. If you live outside of the Ridgeview attendance area, but wish to attend Ridgeview, you must first register at your "home" school. You can then request an inter-district or intra-district transfer. Board policy on this procedure can be read by clicking here

2. Come to the office to get a registration packet and complete all portions of the packet. The packet usually takes about an hour to complete. Packets can be completed at home and returned or they can be completed in our lobby.

3. Turn in the completed packet and provide...

a. ... proof of residence in our attendance area. Proof can be in the form of an electric bill, gas bill, mortgage statement, or rental agreement. Water bills, phone bills or bank statements will not be accepted. If necessary, a home visit will be scheduled to determine residency in the school boundaries.

b. ... the child's shot record. Children without required immunizations cannot be registered. Parents need to bring records of their student's past immunizations, serious diseases and injuries. Please see THIS DOCUMENT for additional information. California state law requires students entering kindergarten to complete immunizations for diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles (rubella and rubeola), mumps, hepatitis B, and varicella. Parents may take their children to the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health Clinic at the Scherer Community Center, 12202 First Street, the third Thursday of the month. Clinic hours are 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Immunizations to satisfy all state requirements will be available for $15. The telephone number is (800) 722-4794.

c. ... the child's birth certificate (if registering a kindergartener).

d. ... proof that your child (if he or she is a first grader) has had a physical examination completed prior to the first day of school. A physical administered within 18 months prior to the first day of school for first graders will be accepted. Students from families in low-income brackets, or who have MediCal, can get physicals through the San Bernardino County Health Department. Information can be obtained by telephoning 1-800-880-5305.

ADA Compliance Errors 0